Friday, June 12, 2015

Trusting in the Love of Christ

How much do we really trust in the love of Jesus?  Even for people of faith it is sometimes hard to trust. Particularly in the dark moments of life we can fall into doubt or worse yet the notion of a vengeful God who is punishing us for some sin we have committed. 

For this reason the Church invites us to listen to the words from Hosea
My heart is overwhelmed, my pity is stirred. I will not give vent to my blazing anger, I will not destroy Ephraim again; for I am God and not a man, the Holy One present among you; I will not let the flames consume you.

The Holy One present amoung us, Emmanuel. 

And the Sacred Heart of Jesus is the Symbol of that perfect love. No matter what has happened or perhaps is happening in your life, today we surrender. Today we pause and entrust our lives totally to the infinite love and boundless mercy of the Sacred Heart