Friday, January 6, 2012

Where will I get the energy?

I write these things to you so that you may know that you have eternal life. The final words of today's first reading, but how well do we grasp that reality in the business of daily living? As we move through the course of today will we keep fixed in our minds that we have within us the only power we really need, the eternal life that is a gift from God. Wealth, power, titles, position all those things loose their allure. Greed, envy, jealousy cannot take hold in a person who knows they have eternal life, because they know they have all they need. There are 47 items on my to-do for today,not including emails, and I truly do not worry about it. I will do each of them with God, and with God's help most if not all will get done. I will trust that with God at least those that truly need to be done will be done. John tells us today that he wrote these things so that we might know that we have already, in the present, a share in the divine life. May that life be source of the power behind our every word and action today.